Community Solar Grant Program
Part of Luminalt’s commitment to the community includes making available the benefits of solar to those that are not otherwise able to afford it. Each year, Luminalt commits resources to a local nonprofit organization to help them go solar. Donations vary in size and scope based on the available program budget and the needs of the organization.
If your organization would like to be considered for the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your project. Please include the information listed below and note that you must meet the following requirements to qualify.
Solar Donation Program Requirements:
- Organization must be a PG&E customer
- Installation site must be located within the San Francisco Bay Area
- Organization must show an ability to benefit from a solar electric or solar hot water system
- Organization must be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Please include the following information:
- Organization name and address of proposed installation site
- Contact person, phone, email
- Gas and electric usage for the past 12 months
- Copy of a PG&E bill
- Organization’s mission, philosophy, and accomplishments
- Describe how your organization would benefit from going solar
- Describe your organization’s ability to provide or raise additional funding for the solar installation
- Describe how your organization will publicize the solar system – what types of media outreach do you plan to use? How will you educate the public on the benefits of solar?
Luminalt will award projects in the spring– please submit your request for the year by March 31st. Please, only one request per organization per year.